With the advent of social media platforms, crowd sourcing has been simplified to a level that even a most technologically distant individual would be able to deploy the techniques for an effective and resilient digital marketing campaign.
Crowd sourcing in its simplest of description refers to obtaining information. Jeff Howe, the founder of the term ‘crowd sourcing’ refers to it as an act of disseminating the job or outsourcing it to an undefined group of people.
Although crowd sourcing does offer ample opportunities, only few of the reputed organizations are actively engaged in its implementation. Applying crowd sourcing, together with digital marketing allows the user to discover rather than the conventional information.
Below listed are some of the features as to how crowd sourcing provides an opportunity for the clients and customers to actively engage in a discussion and affecting their relationship with the organization, brand or an enterprise.
Gaining Masses On Social Media Platforms
Crowd sourcing has the potential to attract largest audience for any particular brand production or description.
Unlike conventional marketing, there is absolutely no limit on the head count. Of course that depends upon the strategy you have opted for crowd sourcing and managing digital platform.
However, attracting and retaining masses is but one hectic task – needless to mention the specificity and the point of contact operation to gain compatible masses.
In order to attract customer, you got to make them feel that they are involved with something. Appreciate their ‘say’ and make them feel ‘important’.
Implementing crowd sourcing strategy can find no platform better than social media Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Pinterest, Instagram etc.
Start by talking to your customers via a poll, post, initiating a discussion or even holding a contest. Once you’ve attracted enough, it’s time to close the gate for return. Ask them for their inputs, comments, feed backs, suggestions etc.
Give Weightage To Every Comment Or Feedback
It’s important to keep the customers active and engaged. Asking them about their comments or even a feedback on an element, product description or just a service would be beneficial. Not only this would help you provide better services but also you gain a reliable client probably for certain amount of time.
- The best way to execute it is to either initiate a discussion with a catchy punch line or you can start local poll to rate the product or a service.
- An open-end discussion is one of the most popular methods of engaging customers to gauge their interest and active participation.
Everybody Loves Something For ‘Free’
Since you are not paying them for their reviews or suggestion, you got to give them something so as to maintain their active association.
- Holding contests or even a small edutainment-based quiz won’t go unnoticed. Moreover, what is more important is what they are about to win?
- Small giveaways and incentive runs a long run in this segment. While you are hosting such a contest, keep them on their feet with their active participation in terms of reviews, feedbacks or even a suggestion.
- You never know when simple ideas from a review or a feedback transform into your next ‘big thing’.
Engage Them In Your Commercial
A video marketing strategy highlighting their experience, feed backs or reviews would attract more customers for sure.
Crowd sourcing is one of the simplest of all tools to unite people in real-time so as to get the job done.
How you execute your strategy is often a creative process and requires time management and appropriate resource application.