The face of digital marketing is forever changing. Just like fashion, there is a fast pace progression felt in the manner how social media users react and respond to marketer’s strategies for the business specifics. There is a constant testing and experimentation applied by search teams and content marketers on an everyday basis in order to understand what really works. This is no mean task, given the kind of complacency levels we tend to reach as the page behaves nicely while being part of digital marketing team.
Now that there is a tight connect between the growing businesses online and social media marketing, it becomes all the more important to understand as to what will really work for the current time frame spanning 2014 – 2015.
We have talked to the expert marketers, compared and analysed the data from the past performance stretching to the present scenario. You will be amazed to see that digital marketing has now reached a historical next milestone from where it was the previous year.
Here are the top digital marketing trends observed for the oncoming days that will work exhaustively for the individual business needs.
1. Innovative Blog Posts – Setting New Expectations:
You may have written multiple number of blog posts earlier talking about your own business or related posts, but it is now time for the change.
Planning and curating blog posts that stick to the ‘latest’ and ‘happening’ will be the point of focus from here on.
Of course, you will still retain the spirit of your business, but start thinking about innovative ideas that will get your readers hooked on.
2. Linked In – The Way Forward
The recent studies indicate the new rise of the old. Linked In, one of the first business networking platforms that gained much momentum and continues to perform well with the users is expected to see a new surge.
While more glamorous faces like Facebook and Twitter may have taken the limelight away, LinkedIn is the current toast of the town in the social media arena.
So while you are busy contemplating a plan to maximize the potential of hits, rope in a special plan for your account on Linked In.
3. Google Plus – A Phenomenal Rise
Earth’s crust may not have shifted in 2012, but a lot had been reorganized with the entry of Google Plus, first of its kind, social networking platform from Google. Launched in 2011, this innovative social media platform may have had a slow start, but soon, people all over the world saw through the potential it has.
There are about 500 million Google Plus users currently and the volume is expected to grow significantly.
The engagement of this platform can directly impact your strategies way forward as Google receives 90 percent of world’s daily search traffic, single handed.
The more you market on Google Plus, the better are your posts going to be ranked on Google, thanks to the innovative new add on called Google Authorship.
Anything and everything written from your Google plus account has a tremendous potential on the search rankings of Google.
4. Engage, Discuss And Roll:
Active engagement of social media platform has always been the prime job objective of a digital marketer. However, it is now time to shift gears.
- Engaging now would mean active participation in other forums or communities that hoard your potential customers.
- The trends are now high up towards a super active presence of a business via discussing common topics with its peers in the same boat.
- Whether you like it or not, jumping into an active conversation with similar businesses in a common platform is now going to boost and tell others what you really are.
5. Quality Writing – Hot Favourite:
We have definitely progressed into a new world of content where text is expected to decline and replaced with more visual content. End users sure will look forward for those attractive webinars, podcast, special videos and Instagrams.
- Quality writing, however, is predicted to stand the test of time and retain its space as a priority.
- Everybody now writes looking at what ranks well on Google. Given the odds, a lot also depends on how you write it.
- Digital marketers who are about to sigh with relief at this will have to hold it right there.
- Generating quality write up while circulating a great post also pitches more value.
- After all, great writing is like the tip of the iceberg that is about to be revealed. Better make it look good.
6. Paid Amplification – The New Performer:
The usual promotions will soon be taken over and by 2015, experts state that paid amplification will become the crucial factor for digital marketers.
- The pendulum is soon about to swing towards the demographics and the number of people reached via everyday paid targeting.
- A new focus will now be on computing, testing and optimizing the boosted content. A lot of work has to now go into planning and producing content that is both’ viable’ and ‘authoritative
7. Technology – The Road Ahead:
The trends predict a massive shift towards goods and services that involve technology. This in turn is expected to affect the social media behavior by the end of 2015.
- Experts suggest that obsessive human interactions currently in vogue will soon be replaced with more ‘tech talk’ happening between the users.
- The gadget fixation and the craze for tech devices will see the next level with consumers actively talking and discussing about the same in various forums.
8. Interpersonal Skills – Things Consumers Will Look At:
All the while, you have been selling, selling and selling. The promotions on the social platform that was all about the business and the topics related to it is expected to hit a new high of boredom among the end consumers.
- The next phase of action is all about getting more ‘human’ as marketers and building interpersonal relationships with both the regulars and the prospects.
- You will have to cut that one sided glorification and start building a more real two way communication.
9. More Collaboration Of Social Platforms:
The fact that Facebook had recently acquired Whatsapp is a standing testimonial that the virtual media will now be flexible to collaborate with each other to arrive at better solutions that help their users. This could be social, mobile, advertising, marketing or even communications, but the newer and more fruitful liaisons are on cards.
10. Digital Marketing – No More A Tactic:
This is precisely the time where the concept of digital marketing will stop being a mere tactic and will advance ahead to become an ecosystem in itself.
- Consider this simple example – ten years ago, you would have seen plain texts on web portals and boring music lists with tracks on a single click to listen to. Now, you see flash, animation and photoshop taking over the way web portals look and present themselves.
- The same can be said of the social media trends.. Experts predict the face of internet marketing changing with more effective ways of providing content to the customers with a more pragmatic approach.
11. Large Vs Small Brands:
The years 2014 – 2015 will be all about large brands proactively blending with small players arriving at workable solutions. This will mark new milestone for small businesses that will see a rise in a pedestal, helping them attain stronger foothold.
Overall, the trends for 2014 and 2015 convey a strong single message to the digital marketers. It is now time to start being more human in approach as compared to where we were the last time.