Email marketing is a very exact science these days. You can track everything from who opened their emails to which city they were in when they opened it. As one of the oldest forms of online marketing email still provides us with solid returns. Building a mailing list is sure way to keep your customers informed and to gain new ones.
Building your list starts with a call to action on your website and can be enhanced through email blasts to potential customers. You should however not see email as a quick-fix for a lack of customers. It should form part of a consistent marketing effort, with regular emails being sent.
Emails have a bit of a bad reputation due to the amount of spam emails being sent out by professional spammers. We will however advise you on ways to make sure that your emails pass the spam-filter test to safely land in the inbox of the intended recipient.
Email marketing is popular with companies for these reasons:
- Its immediacy reduces delays in communication, allowing for smooth running organisations.
- The exact return on investment can be tracked and has been recognised to be high when done properly. Email marketing is often reported as 2nd only to search marketing as the most effective online marketing strategy.
- Email marketing is much cheaper and faster than traditional snail mail, mainly because of high cost and time required in traditional mail campaigns for producing artwork, printing, addressing and mailing.
- Large numbers of email subscribers can be reached at the press of a button
- Email has become pervasive in its daily use. With smartphone ownership on the increase, emails reach will increase proportionally.